Standard canes where to buy

where can I buy canes to make rose trees ?

1 Like

Perhaps Foundation Plant Services at UC Davis, if you’re in the US. Outside of the country, I don’t know. If you’re in a climate which doesn’t experience bad freezes, you can easily obtain Ralph Moore’s Pink Clouds which is the easiest stock upon which to bud. It roots VERY easily and remains in condition for budding much of the year. Chip budding is EXTREMELY easy to successfully accomplish with it. And, you can root longer whips for standards using the “Burrito Method” which I’ve documented and demonstrated here on my blog. There are other posts demonstrating the basics of wrapping cuttings so please feel free to browse as much or as little as you desire.There are two links to two different posts here. I don’t know why they don’t want to create the same images. The link to Foundation Plant Services is below them. You can obtain Pink Clouds from High Country Roses. I know it has been indexed and found to be “virus free” as I submitted mine to TAMU through Dr. Malcolm Manners when he was at Florida Southern College. I presume High Country’s has also not been budded on to. I hope it helps. Kim

2 Likes