Rose Show Results

South Central District Rose Show Oct 28th, 2023

3 Likes

Best In Show

5 Likes

Beautiful arrangement! what roses were used?

South Central District Rose Show; Mass Arrangement by Andy Black; using ā€˜Star of the Republicā€™, ā€˜Crocus Roseā€™, ā€˜Penelopeā€™ and ā€˜Madison Marieā€™.

1 Like

South Central District Rose Show; HT Queen; ā€˜Cajun Sunriseā€™ exhibited by Virginia Bowen

3 Likes

South Central District Rose Show; HT King; ā€˜Ring of Fireā€™ exhibited by Virginia Bowen

4 Likes

East Asian Freestyle; showing ā€˜Mlle Franziska Krugerā€™ (1879 Tea), awarded East Asian Rosette and Silver Medal Certificate; arrangement by Billie Flynn

4 Likes

Wow, Thatā€™s gorgeous Billy! And what a great idea for Andy Black to use purple basil and hyacinth beans in it.

Absolutely lovely, Billie!

I had a good teacher.

Hi there, Marilyn! Good to see you! Iā€™m living in Kennesaw, Georgia nowā€¦ a big change in rose growing from Las Vegas! So this forum is excellent!.
Jill Barnard

Isnā€™t this a great opportunity for rosarians to connect! What a change for you, Jill! Are you still in real estate? I am in real estate now, I guess you could say, with four listings on Airbnb. Planted my first rose bushes on the property which I plan to develop as a native plant garden. The roses are R. palustris - the ā€œSwamp Roseā€. Great to hear from you. Hope you are well and loving your new home. Marilyn

Marilyn, I remember YOU dressed as the Swamp Rose! Ha! That was such a fun ARS convention. What year was that? Iā€™m retiredā€¦ since 2018. Spent the last 8-9 years as Sales Director in Assisted Living & Memory Care communities, which I LOVED, surprisingly! Real estate had so many booms and crashes back thenā€¦ Then we had a high school reunion, where I hooked up with an old classmate from 4th to 12th grades. He convinced me I needed to move to Georgia AND he promised me a rose gardenā€¦ that was 5 years ago this month.
Life is good! I love the southā€¦ so much history!
Jill