Introduce Yourself

Hi Mark - thank you for joining our ARS community! I live a bit north of you, between Madison and Milwaukee. So much the same climate but I think you get more snow. Ring of Fire is one of my favorite HT’s!

Hello,
David from Massachusetts,Master Rosarian and judge.
I take care of 45 rose gardens.

1 Like

HI David - welcome to the ARS Rose Community! That must keep you busy caring for all those rose gardens. Thank you for sharing your rose knowledge.

Hello! My name is Kelly Savas and I’m from
Piedmont,OK. I’ve had roses for a few years but made an actual rose garden in my backyard last spring. I added about 60 roses to it. :blush:

1 Like

Hi Kelly - thank you for joining our community! Sounds like you have a beautiful rose garden. What type of roses do you like to grow?

Holly, I just moved out of central Texas back to Kansas. If you haven’t, this spring check out the Antique Rose Emporium north of Brenham, TX. Nice place to spend the afternoon looking and shopping. Its not a store, but more of an outdoor experience. I have bought many of their roses online. Also remember you are very close to the Blue Bell ice cream factory in Brenham!

1 Like

Very glad to see this forum. Member of the ARS and the Kansas City Rose Society. CR to be, maybe next spring. Most of my rose experience has been in Texas over the past 35 years. However we just moved north to the Kansas City area. Now looking for growing differences between the two areas. I am also migrating to a more naturalistic design approach vs. a formal rose garden approach. Need to learn what works and does not work in the KC climate. Thanks.

2 Likes

The Kansas City Rose Society is a fantastic group - you will learn a lot from them about growing roses in your new climate. It is also the goal of this forum to be able to connect people with questions and answers. Thanks for joining!

1 Like

Hybrid tea, grandiflora, and English. I’d love to start growing old roses and get into rose preservation :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi Kelly - welcome to the Rose Forum! You may have heard about the ARS Initiative to preserve the Anne Belovich’s collection of rambler roses. ARS has 350 varieties, mostly in nursery’s on the gardens in Shreveport, LA. It is the largest collection in the US!

2 Likes

You’ll love the KC Rose Society!

1 Like